Our Chicago movers can help if you are dreaming of bright lights, colors, the euphony of buzzing city sounds, and the gentle music of jazz and blues merging into the overall vibe and atmosphere of the Windy City. And apart from its mesmerizing history, the Cubs, skyscrapers, unrivaled urban gardening concepts, and a bunch of other cool traits, the city also boasts one of the most stable economies nationwide. So much so that if it were a country, it would surpass Switzerland. Not a bad place to start, as witnessed by residents from all across the globe. Ideal even, in case you weren’t planning to buy a car on Sunday or dye a bunny or a bird, as these are forbidden by law here. Anyway, if the answer is no, you can proceed to more info on the city and our work.
The City of Firsts Is Full of History
Did you know that the first open-heart surgery took place here at Provident Hospital back in 1893 and was performed by an immensely talented black physician whose work paved the way for other African-American doctors? Unbelievable for the era, the city was hailed as the birthplace of modern surgery, and some years later, the local Cook County Hospital came up with a revolutionary concept of blood banks that can save lives and advance medical research.
And if that isn’t wow enough, there’s more. This metropolis also marked some milestones in politics, mass broadcasting, and television. Lincoln’s first public speech at a Republican Party Convention allegedly took place here. And a century later, in 1956, the metropolis introduced the first all-color channel in the whole country, just to become the host of the first-ever broadcasted national presidential debate, now a legendary one, between Kennedy and Nixon. So, the history is very much alive here, and if you’re into it, be it mainstream or the quirky side, you’ll have your hands full.
So Many Neighborhoods to Be Explored
Wherever you set your foot in the City by the Lake, you’ll be in for a pleasant surprise. Brimming with eccentric ethnic neighborhoods, it’s a hipster’s paradise but also a hot spot for young professionals and night-lifers. But, don’t cross it out yet if you’re into family peace and tranquility, as some areas are residential, picturesque, and quiet as it gets. What can we recommend? Here it comes:
- Avondale – If it were a book, the area would probably be A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man. Chock-full of creatives, it’s low-key, elusive, and constantly changing. The great thing is that it’s conveniently located close to the most famous spots and getting gentrified as more and more bars and lounges spring up. Catch a bite in some of the locally owned ethnic restaurants, and enjoy the low rent fees while you can.
- Bridgeport – Looking for a tight-knit residential community, still undecided about its identity? Welcome to Bridgeport, a unique mix of traditional family places and nightlife for the young and not ready to settle down. Spirit lounges, pubs, and taverns abound here, and with one of the longest closing hours nationwide, you’ll have plenty of time to paint the town red.
- Humboldt Park and Lakeview – If you’re getting tired because we seem to be biased in favor of the young, don’t leave just yet. We left the two family idylls for the end. And these two residential areas are similar in the fact that they abound in superb parks, are free of loud nightlife, flaunt countless supreme restaurants, and have a family-friendly home price-tag. Pretty sweet, right?
Time Flies With These Quirky Activities
Everyone can tell you to climb the Willis Tower and take in the views, walk down the Magnificent Mile, visit Millennium Park and the Cloud Gate, the Art and the Field Museum, and alike. But we’ll tell you that you can also do these:
- Have a robot building date night – Be it with a friend or a partner, this is one in the row of the city’s peculiar social events,
- Visit the Adler After Dark or the History Happy Hour and shift your perspective on museums,
- Try out white Russian crispies or disappearing raviolis, to name just some of the molecular gastronomy secret signature dishes. Bonus points if you figure out the science behind the cooking, and don’t forget to book a table in advance,
- Kayak on the Chicago River – This is not only a great activity to stay fit, but you can also join tours that range from classical to darker, paranormal, mafia, and gangster-related. If you opt for the second ones, call someone along in case you get scared or too hooked to pay attention to kayaking.
Our Cross Country Moving Services Chicago Will Leave You Wanting for More
And since the Chi-Town is all about specials and firsts, we have no choice but to follow. Our long-distance moving company is unique because we excel at both local moving and long-distance relocations. And our company believes that the core values of the business remain the same, regardless of whether you’re to arrive at the next block or miles away from the starting point. That’s why our team tries to constantly grow and live up to the expectations of our customers, who entrust us with their most valued possessions. And the stellar reviews we receive each day give us encouragement to continue to work hard and with complete transparency.
Kerb agents will be ready to provide you with a trustworthy quote as soon as you give us your household inventory list. And in case you feel the need to change it as you go along, no later than one business day prior to the move, that’s still fine. Our customer support will tell you how the shift affects the afore agreed price, and you’ll still be on the safe side. We know how much a bad start can spoil all the fun, which is why no scamming is on our agenda while you’re waiting to hit Illinois.
Packing Is Child’s Play With Our Movers Chicago
If you just can’t get around to packing, have no idea how to protect your fragile items, or transport clothes without damage, take a deep breath and rely on our team. Packing is not nuclear physics, but the catch is that it always comes coupled with other duties, such as leaving the old job, coping with the anxiety of the unknown, saying bye to friends, helping kids deal with the huge transitions, transferring utilities, and all that relocation jazz. But, our cross country movers are as cool as cucumbers and had years to perfect their skills, so they can breeze through everything, finishing in complete harmony. Our standard packing service is free of charge, and it covers furniture, large appliances, and everything else that can’t fit into a moving box.
Choose Our Professional Full Service
Our long-distance movers are serious when it comes to packing, so they won’t leave you in the lurch on the big day. Utilizing all of the top-notch moving supplies with craft and precision, we try to put the “o” in organized and avoid any delays. But, more importantly, we know your voice matters the most, which is why we always suggest our customers be around during the process so that we could consult them on all preferences.
Our team members know some professional tips on how to pack just about anything. While furniture is in the standard offer, we can also pack up your other belongings in boxes. Everything can be dealt with in a proper manner, and you can choose between full or partial options. Provide us with a detailed list of items you want packed by our crew, and it’ll be done. Bear in mind that partial service covers up to 15 boxes. Anything more than that is counted as full packing.
Kerb’s Professional Movers Chicago Can Ship Your Car Safely and Efficiently
The third-largest city nationwide is, as the statistics imply, enormous, and to truly feel its energy, you’ll be needing your four-wheeler on this adventure. But, lucky for you, our cross-country moving services cover this option and vouch for your vehicle’s safety. It won’t hurt to know that insurance will cover external damage up to 500,000 dollars for those transported on enclosed carriers and up to 100,000 for those on open ones. And hundreds of car owners gave our car shipping services a shot, and nobody regretted it, so why not join us and make this task as easy as it gets?
You can hit the reviews section on Trustpilot or Yelp and read the genuine experiences of those who have done this with us. And you can rest assured that keeping with advancements in the field as well as a keen interest for all novelties in the auto industry keeps us occupied. Because cars can’t be just a job or service, they’re a passion, and those who love them dearly know what we mean.
Our Trusted Movers in Chicago Provide You With Best Transportation Options
We value our work too highly to let anything happen to your auto, so both transportation options we advertise are as safe as houses. Still, there are some differences between open and enclosed trailers that mainly boil down to the fact that closed ones are more resilient to harsh weather and safer for luxurious cars. But the open ones are easier to obtain, which speeds up the entire process and is cheaper, so the choice is on you.
Delivery As You Like It
Imagine waking up to the sight of your car in front of the new house. Who wouldn’t want such a happy-commercial scenario? And with our door-to-door delivery, it can come true. But, if you’re still in the process of searching for a house, you can opt for terminal-to-terminal. So, any way you go, you won’t be lacking in choice or opportunities.
Our Moving Company Chicago Flaunts Impeccable Storage Facilities Free for the First Month
If you decide to put a halt to your relocation story for a certain period for any possible reason, we get you. Relocations, like most things in life, aren’t 100% controllable, no matter how much we’d like them to be, and some hurdles or doubts appear sometimes. But, our storage services attempt to show you support with the first month free of charge as well as high standards of maintenance and safety. Take some time for yourself, and let us take responsibility for this service and your belongings.
Reliable Insurance Is Another Perk of Ours
Nobody is sinless, it just happens that we make mistakes or that they happen. But, we don’t leave things at that. Our moving insurance is there to rectify any faults of our long-distance moving services and leave you in high spirits when we wave our byes.
Kerb offers these types of insurance:
- Mandatory liability coverage – covers 60 cents per pound of the lost or damaged item,
- Full value replacement – it’s guaranteed to make you forget you ever had a problem as you’ll get all or almost all of your money back if anything goes wrong with your belongings,
- Third-party insurance – In case we’re dealing with exorbitantly pricey objects, we like to refer our clients to trusted insurance providers.
Contact Us Today and Let Us Work Our Magic
The most excellent of all Chicago moving companies has its door open for you every day. Let Kerb movers hear your story and give a hand in all the ways we can. We’re curious to know what made you attracted to the Illinois gem that fascinated us years ago. We hope you’ll love it as much as we at Kerb do, and we’ll try our best to give you a head start.