If planning to move to one of the most charming places of Southern California, Pasadena movers are here to help. Being nestled far away from Los Angeles’ hustle and bustle, at the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains, but still close to all the entertainment, here you’ll quickly find a place to call home. And with Kerb handling the relocation process with the highest level of expertise, you’ll have all the time in the world to embrace the new start.
California Dreamin’ in Pasadena
With so many great things in one place, don’t be surprised if leaving Pasadena never comes to your mind. Yup, that’s a lifelong adventure we’re talking about here. Famous for its desirable weather, diverse indoor and outdoor activities, great shopping, dining, culture and art scene, vast areas of natural beauty, luxury homes, above-average educated population, and safety, it’s no wonder that people keep coming here. However, having such great livability obtainable at a low cost is not something you can count on. Quality of life has its price.
Choose the Area That Suits You Best
Wherever you choose to live, Pasadena’s laid-back atmosphere will find you. Of course, picking the right neighborhood means paying attention to features you find essential to your everyday life. Here are a few that have it all:
- Bungalow Heaven – We’re starting with this one because many locals agree that Bungalow Heaven might be one of the most sought-after areas to live in. Known as the first landmark district, there’s no chance you’ll come across an apartment complex here or corporation buildings. However, you’ll be able to find houses in many styles, from Craftsman to Mediterranian.
- East Central – This neighborhood is architecturally most similar to the previous one. Even though it’s not the biggest area out there, it has a rich history. With its outstanding scenery, respected schools, and an abundant choice of activities, it’s a family-oriented place that makes a perfect home to everybody else, as well.
- Mid Central – If searching for some more reasonable California rental prices, this is an option for you. Living in one of the most pedestrian-friendly areas, where everything is within easy reach, makes your life much simpler.
- Madison Heights – You probably already know about this one – one of the famous filming sites, settled between the South Lake Shopping District and Old Town. Some of the most historic houses are nestled here, dating back to 1890. Its accessibility to parks, recreational facilities, top-notch schools, and daycare centers makes it one of the most coveted places to settle with a family.
- Oak Knoll – If looking for a picturesque and unique area full of artisan small to medium-sized houses, this is a place for you. Commuting to and from work takes 30 minutes of the entire day. However, keep in mind this is one of the bit pricey areas in town.
No Lack of Options in the City of Roses
Being close to Los Angeles, you’ll find yourself at the epicenter of things. Starting with shopping, you will hardly resist some of the trendiest hotspots, malls, and boutiques. And you’ll undoubtedly witness the rich and vibrant food scene along the way. However, Pasadena is much more than that. Once you finally settle and start exploring your surroundings, you’ll easily find some of the most exciting routes for hiking and biking. With thousands of acres of parks and wildlife, you may even become more than a recreational athlete. Not to mention, with the culture as rich as in the Old Town, you’ll have to make your own calendar for the museum visits.
Here’s How to Recognize Professional Movers Once You Start Searching for Them
Getting familiar with the place you’re moving to is important, but don’t skip researching the cross-country movers you’ll consider to help you with the transition. Dealing with fraudulent companies and activities will do more harm than good, so take some time out and do your homework. Here are the basic steps to go through:
- Check their reviews and complaint history – With the internet nowadays, the company you’re researching will be an open book. Digging into other people’s experiences and reviews they left will give you enough information. Remember to check what social media say about your movers, too, since people are used to leaving their reviews there.
- Check their license and insurance – If you can’t find the USDOT number and insurance status of your long-distance movers, feel free to say goodbye to them immediately.
Choose the Best Moving Services in Pasadena for Your Move
When thinking about relocating to a new place, you might find yourself wondering where to start and how to properly organize all the awaiting responsibilities. Sometimes people turn topsy-turvy even, although a simple solution might be right in front of their nose. Whether you’re planning on hiring long-distance moving services or maybe you’d like some help with local moving services, what’s important is to have them in mind when you most need them. Relocation is one of the rare transformational experiences in life that should be well-remembered. Reaching out to a highly experienced team will make the entire relocation process go smoothly. With an honest and transparent relationship Kerb builds with our customers, you will never have to worry about hidden costs or unexpected fees. All our prices are based upon the inventory list you provide us with, one day before a pick-up at the latest.
Standard Packing Services at Your Disposal
Making the transition easier is undoubtedly one of the most common needs of every person who ever dared to go through such an adventure. Just when you’re done with sorting out all your belongings, checking every nook and cranny not to forget something important, there comes wrapping and packing of your belongings. With our standard packing service, it doesn’t have to be that hard. It will spare you from moving big pieces of furniture, as well as assembling and disassembling it. We’ll pack it and move it to your new location with utmost safety.
Customized Packs Offered as Part of the Top-Rated Cross-Country Moving Services Tailored to Your Needs
If you also need help with more vulnerable items, there’s no need to worry. Kerb can quickly provide you with the best quality boxes and supplies for the customized packs tailored to your needs:
- Full pack – If you want all your household goods delivered in the same condition as previously noted on your inventory list, this is the right option for you.
- Partial pack – If you already finished packing some of the items, but you’re not sure how to handle the breakables or other sensitive items, don’t hesitate to call us. With a partial pack, you can count on our team packing up to fifteen boxes of your stuff.
- Custom crating – With customers’ unique needs on our mind, our team designed wooden crates for your most valuable items so that they can travel safely to their new home.
Kerb is the Best Car Shipping Company Out There
With all the hidden gems around, from Los Angeles downtown to the most treasured spots of natural beauty, we’re sure you don’t want to leave your car behind and depend on others. With car shipping service available with our company, you can start making a list of places you’d like to visit once you’re finally there. Whether you opt for our auto transport option as a single service or part of a package, keep in mind to take all the necessary steps before the shipping – prepping the vehicle information, documenting all the damages, and taking all personal items out of the car.
Transportation Options Provided by Our Professional Movers, Pasadena
With Kerb, there are two transportation options to choose from. Knowing the difference is crucial once you start planning the move. If you want to keep your car extra protected from all the weather conditions along the way, an enclosed trailer is your best choice. Although a bit more pricey than the open one, owners with more expensive cars usually pick this one as their first choice. On the other hand, an open trailer is often a more convenient option for many, primarily because of its affordability.
Pick-up and Delivery Methods
Picking up your shipment type is one of the vital steps since circumstances are not the same with all our customers. Sometimes, they do not match their needs, but even in such cases, our company has a professional solution to offer:
- Door-to-door delivery – This option implies picking your vehicle up at your front door and dropping it off at your new address.
- Terminal-to-terminal – When something interferes with our attempts to get close to your home – a narrow street or zoning laws – dropping your car at our terminal and picking it up at another is always an option.
Storage for Free With Kerb
Keeping your belongings safe is extremely important to us. That’s why we at Kerb pay special attention to the storage services we provide. Especially when it comes to long-distance moving, our company is well aware of how handy a storage unit might be. Having our customers’ needs as a priority makes us one of the most competitive companies out there. With 30 days of free storage service, you can relax and focus on other aspects of your move. We have your back even if you need more than a month given to store your things. In that case, we’ll calculate the service price on a daily basis.
Secure Your Belongings With Moving Insurance
Last but not least, obtaining moving insurance is the step you can’t make your move without. At least not if you go with the idea to have your items properly secured when driving long roads. With Kerb, there are multiple ways to get yourself peace of mind:
- Mandatory insurance policy – This is our basic type of insurance, free of charge, which covers 60 cents per every potentially damaged pound.
- Full-value replacement policy – If you want to keep the actual value of your items, purchasing this policy is the best option for you. However, keep in mind that it reimburses only the items packed by our crew.
- High-value policy – If you have items of a high sentimental or monetary value you’d like to insure separately, go for this one.
- Car insurance – If relocating your car in an open trailer, insurance covers up to $100,000 of the potential external damage, whereas for the enclosed one, it goes up to $500,000.
Your Move Will Differ Because We Are Different From the Rest
Let’s face it – packing and unpacking, loading and unloading, assembling and disassembling, all of these can be delivered by many. Still, the right question is – can they be delivered without compromising the quality of the services provided. With Kerb and the team of experts behind it, even the most complex relocation process will be a breeze. Don’t hesitate to give us a call, so we could start planning this journey together.